100+ Quotes From "Twenty-Five Xx-One" Korean Drama

Updated: April four, 2022

Hither'southward a collection of quotes from the Korean serial, Xx-Five Twenty-One:


On career, dreams, and goals

"In some moments, we're doing our best only all of that is just a practice." – Baek Yijin

  • "We argue and you encompass stories. Let's acknowledge and have that. There aren't many things that we tin do as we desire in this earth." – Na Heedo
  • "You lot can't practise this task if y'all allow information technology all hurt you. Abound numb to their situations and focus on the incident." – Reporter Junghyuk

"They are much more enthusiastic when it comes to bad news." – Na Heedo

  • "Doing your all-time is a given. Don't just do your best. You take to exercise well." – Double-decker Yang
  • "I don't fight for myself in squad matches. I fight for united states of america. United states of america, the people I love." – Na Heedo

"Don't ever forget how you earned a new opportunity. Whenever y'all're having a difficult time, remind yourself how difficult it was to start." – Coach Yang

  • "What'southward the signal of being an athlete if y'all tin can't compete." – Na Heedo
  • "The other fencers hither today are more drastic than I am. I don't want to take away that opportunity. I think I've had enough fencing in my life." – Lee Yeji

"Call back before you option." – Na Heedo

"In the real world, you make an apology for the sake of everyone's peace. It's nothing personal. Guild doesn't care at all about an individual finding peace." – Reporter Junghyuk

  • "I want to acquire quickly and improve quickly." – Back Yijin
  • "We're athletes. Not actresses." – Na Heedo
  • "This isn't a variety evidence. It'southward sports." – Back Yijin
  • "Lessons come at a cost." – Coach Yang
  • "I don't apologize for things beingness the way they are. There is always a victim to every news I cover. Then should I be going around apologizing? I've decided not to experience sorry for anyone, and I'g not making an exception." – Heedo's mom

"Think about information technology. Did yous enjoy ballet or the compliments? If you liked the compliments, yous tin quit. But if you liked ballet, recollect it over again." – Mrs. Kim

  • "Practice you like being complimented or do you like fencing?" – Heedo'south dad
  • "Subsequently on, even if things don't become your style with fencing, call back this one thing. Your skill doesn't ameliorate consistently simply in steps. Hop. Hop." – Heedo'south dad
  • "Everyone told me to quit fencing. Merely I didn't. Why? Considering I still discover information technology and then much fun." – Na Heedo

"Your skills don't improve consistently but in steps." – Mrs. Kim

  • "My golden medal has lost its award." – Na Heedo
  • "Do you know why you're mistaken? You failed to keep a altitude from the subject." – Reporter
  • "A public figure must not get besides shut to or besides far from a civilian. A journalist must maintain a distance from the subject being covered." – Reporter

"It wasn't her sword that broke, merely her confidence." – Reporter

  • "The immature athletes had to bear the weight of overly emotional speculation. What should take been the happiest moment became a piercing wound." – Back Yijin
  • "We feigned innocence as the public criticized her. Information technology was an improper attitude for the news." – Back Yijin
  • "My strategy is non to have a strategy." – Na Heedo
  • "Being teammates and and then enemies at the finals is awkward and fun." – Charabanc Yang

"Why do yous root for me? Even my mom doesn't." – Na Heedo
"Because you requite me hope. And I want more for y'all. And information technology makes me want to practise well, as well." – Dorsum Yijin

  • "Fencers who can't be controlled make fencers who are usually in command flustered." – Coach Yang
  • "Trust me if yous can't trust yourself considering I chose yous. You won't lose. I don't cull fencers who lose." – Omnibus Yang
  • "Ignore everything she says. Only exercise what you prepared." – Double-decker Yang

"I however don't trust myself. But I take organized religion in her, who saw my potential." – Na Heedo

"I'm positive that I've worked the hardest out of all the fencers here. That's why it's only natural that I win. Today, I volition join the national team." – Na Heedo

  • "I tin't right now. Simply I'm going to make it someday." – Na Heedo
  • "The times have presented an opportunity for you." – Coach Yang
  • "Fencing is a game of wits. You lot have to be able to read the game. That is strategic thinking." – Coach Yang
  • "Other opportunities will come." – Dorsum Yijin

"Countless kids don't know how to dream, but yous practice." – Coach Yang

  • "I lost in so many matches. I couldn't permit everyday be tragic merely because I lost every fourth dimension. Laughing makes it easier to forget. You have to forget to move on." – Na Heedo
  • "Yous tin can't proceeds a sense of rhythm by mastering a single choreography." – Coach Yang
  • "At that place's nothing to proceeds by winning and a lot to lose by losing. Simply zero I do tin make me lose confront." – Coach Yang

"Improve your perspective. That will assistance you to run across yourself objectively." – Motorbus Yang

  • "You lost because you thought you'd lose." – Coach Yang
  • "Even if you're scared, don't let information technology show." – Omnibus Yang
  • "That's called having mental fortitude. Everyone wants to exist as strong-minded like yous. They don't want to be scared of losing and failing. Sometimes, I wish I could take it from you." – Dorsum Yijin

"Y'all are by far the most experienced fencer when it comes to losing. Those losses were blocks to build yourself stairs leading up. Call up about it. Now you've got the highest staircase. Take your time to climb it and take any you want." – Back Yijin

  • "I need to practice something to await similar I'g doing something." – Kim Minchae
  • "Adults never accept information technology if we say nosotros don't have a dream. Practise nosotros need to have one?" – Kim Minchae
  • "People simply talk about getting a job." – Kim Minchae

"I ever think only about what I've lost. But you retrieve nigh what yous tin gain." – Back Yijin

  • "Winning doesn't thing." – Mrs. Kim
  • "People must be losing something. Only it has nothing to practice with me. It's adult stuff. I'g just xviii, also immature to lose anything. The stuff I have can't be lost. For example, my dream and admiration." – Na Heedo
  • "My dream is to become her rival. But of course, in reality, nosotros alive in dissimilar worlds." – Na Heedo

"A unmarried win doesn't mean I am amend than her." – Na Heedo

  • "I didn't crush your dreams. The times did." – Fencing bus
  • "If your earth is gone, go to her world." – Injeolmi
  • "Your matches volition but become more difficult from now on. Why? Because everyone knows your moves. So work difficult." – Double-decker Yang
  • "Don't belittle your accomplishment." – Coach Yang

On life

"That summer was ours to keep." – Na Heedo

  • "Looking back, everyday was a practice. The moments when I dared to say everything would last forever. I loved living in that illusion." – Mrs Kim (Heedo)
  • "My old diary constitute its manner back to me, bringing back past regrets that I had forgotten near." – Mrs Kim (Heedo)

"Waiting, then being let downwards, and somewhen giving up. That's what I have been doing all my life. And you lot're making me exercise that again. I don't desire that for my futurity, Yi-jin." – Na Heedo

  • "Everything was new to me. And frankly, your support was crushing. I couldn't cheer up no matter what." – Baek Yijin
  • "Back then, I believed I could accept everything. There were then many things I wanted to have. I had thought love and friendship were mine to have for a cursory moment." – Mrs Kim (Heedo)

"Life is precious. Permit's love with no regrets while nosotros're alive." – Baek Yijin

  • "Let'southward erase it together. At least that much, nosotros tin can do equally we want." – Na Heedo
  • "I don't desire to grow numb. I'll feel their hurting every time and sympathise with them. That's the priority for me." – Baek Yijin

"My diary from those days is filled with just love and friendship. A fourth dimension when friendship and honey were all that mattered in life. A time similar that lasts just for a moment." – Mrs Kim (Heedo)

  • "Neither money nor a medal could give me this kind of happiness." – Ko Yurim
  • "You lot'll forever be my mentee. Wherever y'all are, permit me know the instant y'all meet any difficulties." – Autobus Yang

"It'll probably hurt if you lose it all. But what matters is that you lot've had it at i indicate." – Ko Yurim

"Feeling pressure is also an experience." – Na Heedo

  • "It seemed so natural for zilch to change in this globe." – Ji Seungwan
  • "You have to learn how to be flexible. Yous can't live in this world if you only know how to pause." – Seungwan'due south mom
  • "The course president volition at present make her exit." – Ji Seungwan
  • "That autumn, they tried breaking without knowing how to bend. Is it because of the scissure that formed when they broke? Everything started to change slowly." – Na Heedo
  • "We'll exist the starting time to witness the terminate of the world." – Dorsum Yijin
  • "What would you like to do before the earth ends?" – Back Yijin

"Life is long and fireworks are short." – Back Yijin

  • "Behind her professionalism are your heartaches." – Back Yijin
  • "Sometimes, saying that nosotros can exercise something can be more discouraging. Nosotros haven't learned about a world in which you don't have to do well and tin can neglect. Yet, allow's exercise the about we can. Let'due south do our all-time. But I still hope that even if we neglect, we'll be stiff enough to get back up again." – Back Yijin

"It's not a failure, but a hardship." – Dorsum Yijin

  • "It feels like I've plant all the missing pieces in my earth. I feel similar I tin can befriend anything unfamiliar, and overcome difficulties that will come my way. I experience stronger." – Na Heedo
  • "This is so cute. I get emotional when I come across things similar this." – Ko Yurim
  • "All in all, none of us tin can purchase that sky." – Ko Yurim
  • "Why is it that none of usa have money?" – Ji Seungwan
  • "What practise you mean nosotros tin't buy annihilation? Summer is free. We should buy it." – Na Heedo
  • "The summer belongs to us!" – Ji Seungwan

"Nothing lasts forever. Everything is momentary. They all flow away. And that's not always a bad affair." – Mrs. Kim

  • "The tougher things are, the busier you demand to be. You need to laugh in gild to forget more than quickly. And you need to forget in lodge to survive." – Coach Kang
  • "What can feelings do for united states of america? Feelings tin't pay off our debt." – Ko Yurim
  • "I didn't know just there are debts that feelings practice repay." – Ko Yurim

"Your mistakes weren't small blunders, merely much more serious. And in a way, yous took the credit for those mistakes. Whereas my mistakes had thrown me into an abyss." – Na Heedo

"I wonder what tragic circumstances she has to endure. I hated her so much but now I feel confused." – Na Heedo
"I hope she knows that you feel this mode about her. Then she wouldn't experience then alone." – Injeolmi

"I had no thought that she would exist criticized by everyone because I complained and was in distress." – Ko Yurim
"That's the life of a star." – Back Yijin

"You must have been and so hurt. Life throws you some nasty curveballs, doesn't it? You've been through a lot." – Old man

  • "When people striking a wall here, hither, and here, they want to give up. One time they get by this corner, they'll improve exponentially, just they don't realize it. Why not? Because they think this will last forever." – Mrs. Kim
  • "Running abroad isn't the solution." – Back Yijin
  • "I ran away because I didn't want to hear that garbage. Don't you go it?" – Na Heedo

"It must have taken such hard work to brand it in that location. You must have cried and so much in secret and suffered so much pain." – Old homo

  • "At times you lot're sorry equally if the whole world'due south turned its back on you lot. But other times, you laugh your guts out." – Back Yijin
  • "Our friendships are always excessive, nosotros're helpless in the face up of beloved, and our failures are passionate. Anxiety, grief, jokes, and smiles come together to form a strange and irregular shape. Perhaps we're currently standing at the center of our youths." – Back Yijin
  • "I know how much your growing pains hurt. I empathize." – Back Yijin

"Sometimes, saying that we can do something can be more discouraging. We oasis't learned almost a earth in which yous don't have to do well and can neglect. Still, permit's do the most we tin can. Let'due south do our all-time. But I still hope that fifty-fifty if we fail, nosotros'll be strong enough to get back up over again." – Back Yijin

"I have faith that he fabricated the right selection. I'grand sure he went somewhere better. Somewhere less tiring. And somewhere he'll go injure less. It's now my turn to root for him." – Na Heedo

  • "When you try hard, it makes me want to endeavor difficult, too. When you accomplish something, it makes me want to reach something. You make other people do well, non but yourself." – Back Yijin
  • "I'm going to give my all tomorrow. But you're not the reason why I'g going to give my all. I'll give it my all for myself. Considering just I know how hard I've tried." – Na Heedo

"We have the strength to become support once again. And so let's be as frustrated as nosotros want when things are tough. Let'due south be sad as nosotros want. And let's get dorsum up together." – Na Heedo

"If you call back almost it, there's no such thing as a pure tragedy or comedy. Still, I hope the route ahead of us is filled with more than comedy." – Na Heedo

  • "No i gives her stress other than herself." – Mrs. Kim
  • "The only matter I believe that will be constant in this world is gravity. I don't believe in annihilation to stay the same forever. Considering assertive in something similar that sets expectations for how things should plough out. However, gravity is constant regardless of whatever expectations. That's why I can believe only in gravity." – Back Yijin
  • "It feels better when I turn my tragedy into a one-act." – Na Heedo

"I heard that every tragedy in life is a comedy if you lot come across it from afar." – Back Yijin

  • "I promise I will never be happy again. I'll spend my entire life thinking of all the hurting you're going through." – Back Yijin
  • "I am tired of talking about money." – Dorsum Yijin

"The times took everything from you lot. You tin can't surrender on happiness." – Na Heedo

  • "I like the fact that you're so reckless. Looking at you lot reminds me of myself." – Dorsum Yijin
  • "Whether it was from running or because I was excited, I was out of breath. The green leaves rustled from the bravado current of air. It was the summit of summer." – Na Heedo

On family, friendship, and relationships

"This is where I met you lot for the first time. And this is where we end." – Baek Yijin

  • "Neither of united states is at fault here. And yet we've grown this much autonomously." – Na Heedo
  • "I'one thousand non trying to say who is right or wrong. It's merely that this love isn't supporting me anymore." – Na Heedo
  • "We're lovers only during the good times, and a burden to each other in the bad times." – Na Heedo

"Don't you have whatsoever room to endeavor and understand me?" – Yijin

"You're not trying to understand me either." – Heedo

  • "That tin't be how we end our human relationship." – Baek Yijin
  • "I tin't let you go later saying such hurtful things." – Na Heedo
  • "The only thing I know how to do is to love you." – Jiwoong

"Information technology doesn't matter where I came from. What matters is where I will go." – Jiwoong

  • "No one else tin can brand me happier or sadder than you can. Wherever information technology is, we'll go together like we've been for the past 10 years. Will you marry me?" – Jiwoong
  • "The moment of our breakdown haunted me and I had wished to have it altered." – Mrs Kim (Heedo)
  • "Yous comforted me just past existence there. I grew up alone and I was solitary. You lot held me in a warm embrace." – Na Heedo

"You helped me get dorsum on my feet during the hardest times of my life. If it wasn't for you lot, I wouldn't exist where I'm now." – Baek Yijin

  • "At times when I didn't believe in myself, I believed in you who believed in me. That made things possible." – Na Heedo
  • "You made me smiling. With yous, I felt like I was on elevation of the world even when I had nothing." – Baek Yijin
  • "At times, the world seemed complete because we were together." – Na Heedo

"You lot volition take no idea how much your honey has brightened upward my life." – Baek Yijin

"I have loved you with all my eye." – Na Heedo

"Permit's endure together when nosotros're in pain. It's 100 times better than being lonely alone." – Na Heedo

  • "I'm going to share everything that's yours. Everything, including your sadness, happiness, and despair. Then don't hide because things are tough. Make certain to leave my share." – Na Heedo
  • "If you lot don't lean on me, I'll be lone." – Na Heedo
  • "I thought the world had come to an end because I missed you and so much." – Jiwoong
  • "Y'all always lead me to practise what is right and to a skilful identify." – Baek Yijin

"I love you in every way." – Baek Yijin

  • "Only nosotros know how difficult it is for u.s.. No ane else does." – Na Heedo
  • "Congratulations on having a girlfriend you can be proud of." – Heedo'southward mom
  • "A rowdy friendship and passionate love. Because those brief moments are what make your long life smoothen." – Mrs. Kim (Heedo)

"Waiting, missing each other, and being disappointed. One person is ever sorry and the other always gives up. Are you really okay with a relationship like that?" – Heedo's mom

  • "If you're waiting at the cease of my misery, all of that misery was worthwhile. Compared to the days we have ahead of united states, 600 days is merely an instant." – Baek Yijin
  • "I'm still sending y'all my back up. But the more I do, the farther apart nosotros grow." – Na Heedo

"Yous both sacrificed your entire lives for me. At present it is just my plow to make that sacrifice." – Ko Yurim

  • "Would the distance betwixt u.s. drift us autonomously?" – Jiwoong
  • "I don't desire yous to live for me. I want you to alive for yourself." – Ko Yurim
  • "I don't want you to be in my misery, Ji-woong." – Ko Yurim
  • "Every moment that we spent together fabricated me happy." – Na Heedo

"Even if all you can requite me is misery, I'yard upwardly for information technology. I'm fine as long equally nosotros're in it together." – Jiwoong

"I can't stand Yi-jin. I hate him. I loathe him! I like him." – Na Heedo

  • "It's a hazard to confess your feelings. Yous either go it all or lose it all." – Ko Yurim
  • "Even though we become information technology, we'll terminate upwards losing information technology eventually. Nothing lasts forever." – Na Heedo
  • "Don't be too far but don't get likewise close." – Reporter Junghyuk
  • "Liking someone ways I can learn near myself." – Na Heedo

"I don't understand you. I simply accept y'all." – Baek Yijin

  • "I don't regret coming together you or loving you. Letting myself waver, wanting to waver was my failure. A failure that'due south clearly not small." – Baek Yijin
  • "Heedo, let's put a altitude betwixt us. We were capable of anything. And then let's try this also." – Baek Yijin
  • "You drive me crazy." – Baek Yijin

"Your only weakness is having me as your friend. You lot're perfect merely I e'er put yous into trouble. That really upsets me." – Jiwoong

  • "I want to stay by your side and watch you grow into a great person." – Dorsum Yijin
  • "I would've killed myself out of boredom if it wasn't for you." – Ji Seungwan
  • "We should spend our final moments with family." – Ji Seungwan
  • "The kiss that started when I was 19, ended when I was 20. It was now a new twelvemonth and a new century. I guess I also wanted to alter for myself." – Na Heedo

"I don't think my feelings for y'all are that large." – Na Heedo

  • "Whatever yous practice, or no thing what you wait like, I'm in love with you lot for who you are." – Back Yijin
  • "I love you. I don't demand a rainbow." – Back Yijin

"How is that possible? Is that what love is?" – Ne Heedo
"For y'all, it is." – Back Yijin

"I have to have you." – Ne Heedo

  • "I want to clamber into a pigsty and die. My mind's completely blank! I similar being sure about things but everything is unclear when I think about y'all. That's why correct now I really detest you." – Na Heedo
  • "Why are you laughing when my head's about to explode from worrying?" – Na Heedo
  • "A word that describes our relationship doesn't exist yet. Acquaintance. Friends. Lovers. None of the words that people have invented apply." – Na Heedo

"You and I are the only ones in that huge infinite. Isn't information technology romantic?" – Moon Jiwoong

  • "I was then lonely and struggling. You were always the 1 to comfort me." – Ko Yurim
  • "When your mom hugged me, all of the hurt and sadness melted away." – Na Heedo
  • "Your mom comforted me. Something even my mom didn't exercise. I'm really grateful." – Na Heedo

"Information technology's not a rainbow. It'southward love." – Back Yijin

"Information technology feels like we're growing apart. I tin feel your world and my world becoming distant. You're then much ahead of me. Somehow, I feel like I'm lagging far behind." – Na Heedo

  • "You don't desire to practise anything. Then let's stay out of each other'due south business concern. Whether I practise something stupid or non has nothing to do with you and your news." – Na Heedo
  • "I don't want you treating me like some immature, dumb, funny child. I detest it." – Na Heedo
  • "When I'm with you, information technology feels like everything is going to be fine." – Ko Yurim

"The less you know about the person, the deeper the conversation gets." – Ko Yurim

"How can I remove my family? My family is my everything." – Yurim

  • "As your dad, I don't desire my girl to alive with such a heavy burden." – Yurim's male parent
  • "Yurim, you're already the all-time. Argue for yourself now. Not for your family." – Yurim's male parent
  • "You're the gold medalist in beauty." – Jiwoong
  • "Of grade, it's special. Because you can win this without trying." – Jiwoong

"Be cute or pretty. Cull 1. Or yous might drive me crazy." – Jiwoong

"We were destined to see at some point in our lives." – Back Yijin

  • "You should as well meet someone like that. Someone that inspires yous to ameliorate only by beingness together." – Yijin's mom
  • "It was so noisy out there. Merely all I could hear was your phonation." – Back Yijin
  • "Even if nosotros didn't know each other, we would however be together like now. Because we have the same destination." – Back Yijin
  • "Y'all have to be in love commencement for a breakup to exist sad, you idiot." – Back Yijin

"Let's become cracking together." – Na Heedo

  • "Even if we're not together, permit's get back up together. I'll exist your force to assistance you dorsum up again." – Na Heedo
  • "You are one of a kind." – Back Yijin
  • "What shocked me wasn't mom's love story, but her efforts. Her efforts that only she knew about. I saw how hard she worked rather than her glamor for the first time." – Kim Minchae
  • "The only thing I can do as a big brother is run." – Back Yijin

"I'll show upward before volume 15 comes out. Look for me, Hee-practise." – Back Yijin

  • "You lot're a family. How could you exist a burden?" – Yijin'due south uncle
  • "I got on the national team merely you still manage to notice a flaw." – Na Heedo
  • "Yijin is all grown-up because he suffered so much." – Yijin's mom
  • "I'yard not someone who congratulates you. I'm here to make people congratulate yous." – Heedo's mom
  • "The work isn't hard. Something like this is hard. Being treated similar this by my one and only brother." – Dorsum Yijin

"I'k happy to scout from where I am. You are fun to watch fifty-fifty when upwards close." – Back Yijin

  • "I'll reunite our family. I'll bring us together." – Back Yijin
  • "I've failed to keep the correct distance with everyone I similar." – Na Heedo
  • "There'due south no altitude between united states of america. So, there's no need to control information technology." – Injeolmi
  • "You put a smile on my face." – Back Yijin
  • "I miss you when I experience mentally weak." – Back Yijin

"Think, not many people win a gold medal in their life. I respect you, non every bit your dad, but as a person. Your mom and I are already so proud of you." – Yurim's male parent

  • "Alive as an achor who leads by example for gild. You don't do that for your family anyway." – Na Heedo
  • "You lot never one time came to watch me compete. Whenever I came dwelling alone, upset after losing a match, you lot weren't the i who comforted me. It was that comic book." – Na Heedo

"That'south what I like almost you lot. Yous don't hide your tears." – Back Yijin

  • "Did you know you tin read a person's face from backside? Her expression kept on hurting me." – Na Heedo
  • "I recall I was closer to her when I watched her from afar." – Na Heedo
  • "Practise y'all call up our human relationship will alter if we meet in person?" – Na Heedo

"From at present on, when yous hang out with me, you can be happy and keep it a hush-hush." – Na Heedo


Genre:Romantic, Drama, Coming of historic period
Synopsis: The serial depicts the romantic life of five characters from 1998 to 2021.
No. of episodes:xvi
Starring: Kim Tae-ri, Nam Joo-hyuk, Bona and Lee Joo-myung
Written past: Kwon Practise-eun
Directed by:Jung Ji-hyun
Original network:tvN, Netflix
Date:February 12 – Apr 3, 2022


Cover photo: tvN Drama